Rural Economy domain works with communities, small and marginal farmers, government agencies and market players to improve the lives and livelihoods of the poor and the marginalised. It strives to reduce poverty by enhancing livelihood opportunities through efficient utilization of natural resource and community empowerment. Formation and strengthening of small producer organisations is one of the key approaches adopted.
Themes on which the team works
- Value chain development of Agro commodities
- Livestock, Dairy and Small ruminants
- Special orientation towards the sustainable farm practices through organic system with Fair Trade (FT) approach.
Competencies of the Team
The team consists of professionals experienced in
- Formulation and management of value chain
- Designing the sustainable local institution
- Business development and market linkage
- Sustainable agriculture through organic certification
- Promotion of FT business
- Managing multi partner project
Programme management, Project design and implementation, Consultancies, Studies, Trainings and Evaluations
Work So Far